Wednesday 25 February 2015

Re-examining foundations (2): Passions re-directed

However, there is something else that has hugely contributed to this journey that you would never guess: a running injury. God knows I would roll the clock back two years, avoid that gnarly descent and not twist my ankle, and continue to live my passion of running for him with others. God knows I would still probably drop this whole trinitarian investigation to have my left ankle restored. And God knows how hard it has been to accept my most capable years (from an athletics perspective) evaporate in front of me.

Will he curse me? This is the challenge that the story of Job brings the biblical believer faced with any trial or loss. I resolve to glorify God in all the trials and tasks he sets me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks very much for your feedback, really appreciate the interaction.