Monday 13 July 2015

Dry patch

Apologies for not much activity on the blog. I am very busy on a whole bunch of things - one of which of course is the paper I am writing on Trinitarian Interpretations. My focus there at the moment is mainly a chapter on contemporary theology, which is difficult to simplify for making the basic point of this chapter, that of those who fly the Trinitarian flag, they disagree on  every point of what Trinitarian means.

My favorite topic however is the ensuing part on second and third century believers, who did not have  Trinity yet (they did have trinity, small "t"), so I do dip into that a bit. Actually, I have a history book that begins just after this period, and I think I will include a couple of points about the fourth century as well. I am convinced as I read through the 300s and the various letters, edicts, councils, etc. that the first council of Nicaea in 325 was not a full Trinitarian text. No way.

It occurs to me that I have not yet seen any book on the Church's steps through the 300s toward full Trinity. There is a need there, for sure.

Oh wow, I just wrote a little blog post! Hurrah!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks very much for your feedback, really appreciate the interaction.